We are looking for a highly motivated Lab Assistant willing to work in a collaborative team environment. The primary responsibility for this role but not limited to is media and buffer preparations, agar plate preparations, HTP growth, lab supply inventory and various laboratory support functions.
Location: Hayward, CA
- Assist automation lead to maintain smooth operation of high throughput platforms.
- Preparations of different types of media, reagents, and buffer following SOPs.
- Understand and meet the experimental needs of a multidisciplinary team.
- Routinely clean and maintain used lab wares using glassware washer.
- Assist Lab manager in maintaining stock room inventory. Stock and order consumables as and when needed.
- Assist automation lead in trouble shooting different analytical/automation equipment’s.
- Be flexible and assist research projects as needed.
- Keep diligent records and write SOPs.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with aseptic techniques.
- Experience in preparing reagents, buffers, and different types of media for microbial growth.
- Interest in learning to operate lab automation/analytical equipment’s.
- Experience in cataloguing and ordering necessary items for stock room.
- Attention to detail, safety, and good lab practice.
- The candidate should be independent, excellent time-management skills along with good lab notebook maintaining and data recording skills.
- Goal-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
Fornia BioSolutions Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company, specializing in the development of superior quality microbial products for the agricultural, aquacultural, food processing, feed, household/personal care, environmental, and biopharmaceutical markets.
We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment. If you’re interested in a career with Fornia BioSolutions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.