Fornia BioSolutions Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company, specializing in the development of superior quality microbial products for the agricultural, aquaculture, food processing, feed, household/personal care, environmental, and biopharmaceutical markets.
We are looking for a highly motivated Protein Biochemistry Scientist willing to work in a collaborative team environment. The primary responsibility for this role is to lead the discovery and development of novel proteins for the bio-industrial and biopharmaceutical industries.
Title: Scientist, Protein Biochemistry
Location: Hayward, CA
- Direct and execute the discovery, research and development of proteins such as enzymes and therapeutic proteins for industrial applications.
- Guide the design, development and execution of new biochemical assays in HTP format or larger scales to evaluate the performance of proteins at relevant conditions.
- Provide direction to research assistants and members of the project teams in the initiation and execution of protein improvement projects.
- Analyze data and present research progress at internal project meetings, external client meetings, and conferences.
- Play a key role in providing technical expertise and advice in strengthening company’s diverse platforms and collaborative projects.
- Provide technical documentation, analyzed data, reports, presentations and protocols.
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or related field with 0-2 years of academic or industry experience.
- Evidence of productive, creative contributions in science, demonstrated by a strong publication record.
- Extensive experience in protein directed evolution, protein engineering, and enzymology.
- A proven track record in protein characterization, analytical biochemistry and assay development.
- Technically proficient in prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems.
- Experience in microbial strain development is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to approach solutions by systematic troubleshooting, creative/critical thinking, high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent management, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills.
- Goal-oriented, organized, motivated and independent leader with a strong determination to a fast-paced dynamic and team-oriented research and development environment.
We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment. If you’re interested in a career with Fornia BioSolutions, please email your resume to email@example.com.