Fornia BioSolutions Inc. is a start-up biotech company based in Hayward, California. The focus of the company is to produce superior quality microbial products for agriculture and environment. At our research laboratory in California, we engineer microorganisms using industry-leading technologies in biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology, automation and fermentation. The company has access to demonstration-scale and commercial-scale fermentation facilities for technology scale-up and manufacturing of our products.
We are looking for highly motivated Research Assistants willing to work in a collaborative team environment. Successful candidates will not only have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, interdisciplinary team but will also be receiving a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays.
If you think you are ready to work in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary group in setting up various microbial testing platforms at both small and large scale.
- Optimize assay conditions effectively and efficiently to validate activity of microbial strains.
- Efficient sample handling and accurate identification of superior variants is crucial. Candidate must be able to reproducibly perform assays and validated results in tiered setting.
- Perform literature review and discuss better alternatives/ modifications to existing protocols.
- Analyze data and present interpretations in team meetings.
- Assist automation lead in trouble shooting analytical equipment.
- Manage large data sets and communicate results to a multidisciplinary team.
- Keep diligent records and write SOPs.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience in protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and assay development in 96 well format.
- Familiarity of expression systems including bacteria, yeast, and fungi.
- Hands on experience on using HPLC, DNA and protein electrophoresis. Familiarity with liquid handling systems preferred.
- Experience with data analysis using excel and statistics. Familiarity with DoE is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have excellent time-management skills along with good lab notebook maintaining and data recording skills.
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
- Well suited to work in a team setting as well as independently.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time