Fornia BioSolutions is looking for a research assistant to join our Fermentation Development team to focus on the validation of in-house developed fungal or yeast strains, process optimization, scale-up/scale-down and technology transfer with business partners. The research assistant is required to be skilled, self-motivated, collaborative, thoughtful, well-organized, detail-driven and fully engaged in the development and execution of the fermentation workflows.
Location: Hayward, CA
- Perform and monitor fermentation process at 2L to 15L fermentation scale.
- Develop and perform various analytical testing for fermentation samples.
- Perform routine fermentor set-up, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Prepare fermentation medium, sterilize and clean fermentation equipment assemblies.
- Support fermentation process development for producing recombinant proteins from yeast and fungal strains at various scales.
- Collaborate with microbiologists and biochemists for strain validation and characterization.
- Play a role in the design and execution of scale-up/scale-down fermentation experiments.
- Provide technical documentation, analyzed data, reports, presentations and protocols..
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, bioengineering, chemical/biochemical engineering or a related field with 1-2 years of biotech industry or relevant academic experience.
- Experience in protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and assay development is desirable.
- Experience with microbial culture and aseptic techniques.
- Hands-on experience with different scales of fermentors is a plus.
- Familiarity in applying various fermentation processes to ferment yeasts and fungi for recombinant protein production is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to design and perform experiments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to approach solutions by systematic trouble-shooting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team.
- Ability to think proactively, independently, critically and creatively.
- Excellent collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills.
- Goal-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work @ Fornia BioSolutions
At Fornia BioSolutions, we have a group of innovative, hardworking and collaborative people who work together to make sustainable products for agricultural and environmental markets. We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment. If you’re interested in a career with Fornia BioSolutions, please email your resume to email@example.com.