Fornia BioSolutions Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company, specializing in the development of superior quality microbial products for the agricultural, aquaculture, food processing, feed, household/personal care, environmental, and biopharmaceutical markets.
We are looking for a highly motivated a Research Assistant willing to work in a collaborative team environment. This role will be primarily supporting the development and discovery of novel proteins for the bio-industrial and biopharmaceutical industries. The successful candidate will have the experience with biochemistry techniques and be able to work both individually and with a team.
Title: Research Assistant, Biochemistry
Location: Hayward, CA
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary group in setting up various microbial testing platforms at both small and large scale.
- Optimize assay conditions effectively and efficiently to validate activity of microbial strains.
- Efficient sample handling and accurate identification of superior variants is crucial. Candidate must be able to reproducibly perform assays and validated results in tiered setting.
- Perform literature review and discuss better alternatives/ modifications to existing protocols.
- Analyze data and present interpretations in team meetings.
- Assist automation lead in trouble shooting analytical equipment.
- Manage large data sets and communicate results to a multidisciplinary team.
- Keep diligent records and write SOPs.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience in protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and assay development in 96 well format.
- Familiarity of expression systems including bacteria, yeast, and fungi.
- Hands on experience on using HPLC, DNA and protein electrophoresis. Familiarity with liquid handling systems preferred.
- Experience with data analysis using excel and statistics. Familiarity with DoE is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have excellent time-management skills along with good lab notebook maintaining and data recording skills.
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
- Well suited to work in a team setting as well as independently.
We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.